The Question of God: C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life - Armand M. Nicholi Jr. Honestly this book wasn't what I had expected when I started to read it. The book's description promises a debate, but my issue with this debate is that it is far too biased towards C.S. Lewis and that somewhat turned me off a bit. I also wasn't really expecting to read a biography of both authors when I started reading. I mean during the first chapter I thought it was OK for the introduction of the debate but the debate is basically based on how they lived their lives, so it turns out being this ongoing biography lesson that never seems to end and makes the book a really slow read. The book also has a tendency to repeat ideas constantly and that is slightly annoying because it makes you feel like you just aren't moving forward. I had to read this for a class and I couldn't make it past the middle of the book until the test was two days away because Nicholi kept on repeating certain ideas that had been mentioned before.I also thought the debate itself was annoying and unfair, I completely agree with Lewis's conception of the natural law and the nature of man, but I couldn't help disapproving from his constant bashing of Freud. I am not a fan of psychoanalysis, I prefer cognitive psychology and positive psychology, but I kept feeling that this wasn't really a debate about anything, it was a written biography that not only portrayed historical facts of their lives but also their ideas and theories. I do recommend giving it a try though if you are interested in this sort of subject, just don't expect a fair debate.