Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer, Stephenie Meyer Honestly I'd give this book a star and a half because even though I didn't like it or the writing I was able to finish reading it.... of course I didn't have the strength or interest to read any of the Stephenie Meyer that followed it. I have to say the writing isn't very good and the story setting isn't really well planned, I mean the reason Bella is in Forks never really makes much sense and its not a very good reason since she hates it so much. To top it off, Bella is probably the worst leading woman ever created by a writer, she is weak, utterly annoying, and extremely depressive to read. She never seems to be happy about anything and once she meets Edward she becomes so obsessed that I think it's a bad example for young female readers. I also believe Edward is a bit of a stalker and the fact that Bella doesn't seem to mind this is quite troublesome because it may teach adolescent girls that unhealthy relationships are healthy and desirable to have. I'm not sure if this review actually has spoilers or not but just to be safe and to avoid ruining someones reading experience I'm going to hide it.